Proper administration is important for the efficacy and tolerability of Tosymra.
While sitting upright, gently blow the nose. Press one nostril with a finger to keep it closed.
Hold the device upright, insert half of the spray nozzle into the open nostril, angling it slightly outward toward the outside of the nostril (not straight up).
While keeping the device in the nose, tilt head back slightly. This will allow the medicine to go into the nasal passage without dripping out.
Slowly breathe through the nose and press the device plunger upward to release the spray. While keeping the head upright, gently breathe in through the nose and breathe out through the mouth for 10 to 20 seconds.
Please refer to the Instructions for Use for complete directions.
Key reminders for patients
- Single-use, no priming required.
- Do not breathe in sharply or deeply during administration.
- Patients may experience occasional:
- Abnormal taste or throat irritation.
- Transient stinging or burning sensation in the nose.
Want more information?
Sign up today to learn more about Tosymra.